2023 Catholic Stewardship Renewal: Oct. 2 – 22
The 2023 Catholic Stewardship Renewal (CSR) process is like the “Time, Talent, and Treasure” campaigns we’ve done in the past, but it adds a more intentional approach. This year’s CSR is the means by which parishioners are asked to commit purposefully and prayerfully to living out the “3-Legged Stool” approach to Christian Stewardship, through:
- Prayer: attendance at weekend and Holy Day Mass.
- Participation: using their time and talent to build up the parish.
- Sacrificial Giving: pledging a proportional and sacrificial gift of treasure to support the ministry of the parish.
Important dates for the 2023 CSR include:
- October 2 -10: parishioners will be receiving CSR packets by mail. Parishioners should contact the office if packets are not received.
- October 11-22: parishioners are asked to return their Time & Talent Form and the Tithing Commitment Form. Drop them in the mail, drop them at the parish office, or drop them in the offertory collection baskets.
- October 21-22: Stewardship Commitment Weekend: The Stewardship Commission will be available in the fellowship hall after masses with extra CSR packets or to answer any last-minute questions parishioners may have.
As you purposefully and prayerfully complete your forms, reflect on these questions:
- How am I doing at striving to live as an active steward in my parish?
- How is my Mass attendance?
- How do I participate in the communal life of my parish?
- How well does my level of giving support the ministries of the parish?
Then reaffirm and recommit by returning your forms and concretely proclaim, “Yes! I am a part of this parish, and I am supportive of its mission and ministries.
Want to be more involved? Want to discuss an opportunity to join the Stewardship Commission? Contact Gay Ann Christy by email: gayannchristy@ gmail.com or cell phone at 573-280-9192.