December 2020 Newsletter, Our Lady of the Lake K of C Ladies Auxiliary #9273
- Meetings are suspended until further notice due to the pandemic.
- From the K of C:
- The Tootsie Roll Drive collected $4,220.00 this year. Thanks to everyone that helped this year.
- The Coats for Kids Drive went well with a total of 114 coats delivered to School of the Osage. Thanks to everyone’s support for helping our local children in need.
- Roses for Life as of now is scheduled now for the first weekend of January, 2-3.
- The Ladies Auxiliary chose six ornaments from the Giving Tree this year. With many people not attending Mass and not able to pick up the ornaments, it was helpful for our group to help so all the ornaments/recipients were chosen. With what our organization gave added with anonymous donations, the six recipients should have a great Christmas. Thanks to the shoppers and thank you, ladies for your dedication to our community.
- Don Koch got to go home Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving after a very serious Covid-19 illness; he continues to get stronger every day. Gary Chaput also continues to get better after a long bout of pneumonia. Thanks to those who have volunteered to fix food to Don and Laverne.
- Please pay your $12 dues for 2021 to Lusica Hankins. Checks made payable to Ladies Auxiliary #9273. They can be dropped off at the drop off box at the back of church entrance; mailed to the church office (PO Box 2390 Lake Ozark 65049); or put in the collection basket. Membership cards will be distributed at the next in person meeting. I am hoping for early Spring.
- Volunteer hour yearly totals are due to me by December 28th ; I have to have our totals to Larry by the end of the year. It would be great if you could break them down into the following areas:
- Church – Eucharistic Minister, Lector, Usher, 5th Sunday rosary, etc.
- Visiting the sick/hospital
- Community – Hope House, Fish Frys, Breakfasts, volunteering in other places
- Youth – Judge poster contest, Coats for Kids, PSR/Confirmation
- Consoling Bereaved – Funeral lunches, etc.
- Council/Auxiliary – Meetings, Installation in June.
Do the best you can; I appreciate it a lot. If you don’t have a form, write the total number of hours for the year in each of the areas on a piece of paper and get to me. You can email, put in collection basket, drop box outside of church, or mail it to me. If you have any questions, call or email me and I’ll try to help. Those of you who aren’t sure about the volunteer hours, please let me know. I’ll get with you and explain what’s going on so you can start fresh beginning January, 2021.
- Please continue your prayers for all those who are sick or who have lost family members during this year.