Family Faith Formation
October 1, 2023. Sincere and deep thanks to the parents that have so faithfully brought your children to our Wednesday evening Family Faith Formation sessions. I hope you have had a few moments to look at the weekly pamphlets that your youth have brought home. These lessons discuss the upcoming Sunday Gospel with practical ways that they can put that Gospel into everyday action. If you would spend even the few minutes in the car on your way to Saturday evening or Sunday Mass to discuss, when they hear the Gospel proclaimed, they will more easily be able to remember and connect to it.
Attention 7th—12th Graders!
Thank you to those that came to Hope House for the September service event. There was so much to do…sorting the steady flow of items being dropped off and then deciding how to price things. We will be going to Hope House on the third Monday of each month from 9:00-12:00. Hope you will consider offering some service hours.
· Wednesday, October 4—Class but no Mass. Youth will meet in Fellowship Hall at 5:15 as usual, grab a snack, and head to their classrooms.
· Wednesday, October 11—Youth Group Fields of Faith – Osage High School football field or Eldon Victor Field. Both locations begin at 7:00pm. All Youth Group students are encouraged to attend. We will NOT have Youth Group here that night! All other grade levels will meet here that Wednesday evening as usual. Fields of Faith is a student-led event. Students invite, pray for, share with, and challenge their peers to read the Bible and follow Jesus Christ. An athletic field provides a neutral, rally point where a community can come together.
· October 15—Donut Sunday. Please help support our youth that will be attending NCYC.
· Monday, October 16—Grades 7-12 Hope House from 9:00-12:00.
· Wednesday, October 18—Stump the Pastor after 5:30 Mass.
If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact me at the parish office (573) 365-2241 ext. 4 or on my cell phone (816) 210-8223…. Michele Haggerty, DRE.