Knights of Columbus Our Lady of the Lake Council #9273
Supreme Knight- Carl A. Anderson
State Deputy- Mike Grudzinski
District Deputy- Ron Schwintek
Grand Knight- John Akscin
Deputy Grand Knight- Wes Wilson
Chaplain- Fr. I. Medina
Chancellor- Mike Scherer
Financial Secretary- Larry Bayliss
Treasurer- David Miller
Recorder- John Weidler
Warden- Billy Hilt
Inside Guard- David Hotop
Outside Guard- David Kneeter
1 Yr. Trustee- Gary Chaput
2 Yr. Trustee- Luke Graessle
3 Yr. Trustee- Charles Cassmeyer
Lecturer- Gunther Skaletz
Insurance Agent- Kevin Schubert
Fr. I. Medina our Council Chaplain is our Spiritual leader. He leads the Rosary before each of our meetings. The Council Officers working with Father have developed a Faith in Action Program for the Council. The Faith in Action Program involves Faith, Family, Community and Life Categories.
The programs outlined by the Father and the Officers offers men a place to lead their families and communities in faith and service and put their faith and service into action.
These opportunities allow each Knight to:
- Grow in faith and build a strong parish and Church. Aid Priest and Religious in formation, honor Mary, mother of God, engage in serious reflections and religious activities.
- Make a powerful difference in our community. Help those less fortunate with basic human needs of food, clothing, shelter, mobility and compassion
- Strengthen families through faith and service. Socialize and pray with other faith-filled Catholic families through special events, religious services and volunteer opportunities.
- Create a culture of life, assist pregnant women in need, care for the elderly, aid the handicapped and empower those with special needs to realize their full potential.
- The Knights of Columbus was chartered in 1882 as a Catholic Fraternal organization. It was founded on the principles of charity, unity, fraternity and patriotism. Today there over 1.8 million members.
- The Order helps its members obtain economic security and stability through its life insurance, annuity and long-term care programs and contributes time and energy worldwide to service in communities.
- Our Lady of the Lake Council has available various economic programs and provides resources to our Church and Community as shown under Charities.
- The Council is the only Catholic men’s organization within our Parish and has pledged to support the Pastor and Parish. Our Pastor is a Former State Chaplain and has first-hand knowledge of how Knights can support our Parish.
- Come, join us in support of our Pastor, Parish and community while investigating how the Knights may help in your economic plans while enjoying camaraderie with the other Knights in Council 9273.
During the calendar year of 2019, your local Knights of Columbus donated over $19,000 to the following organizations:
Council Donations in 2019:
Cardinal Glennon Hospital - $2,227
Miller County Group Home - to promote training for those with developmental disabilities .- $709
Lake Development Center – employs developmental disabled young adults. - $709
Lake Area Industries (Waste Watchers) - employs developmental disabled young adults. - $709
“The four donations above were funded by proceeds from the Tootsie Roll drive”
Other Council Donations:
Church support – Bestgen Hall
Parish Chariy Fund
Religious Information Bureau
HK’s Golf Tournament (Lake Regional Hospital)
Roses for Life program
Pregnancy Help Center
Poster Contests at Local Schools
Lady Knights Auxiliary
Parish School of Religion
Community Against Domestic Violence