September 22, 2020, Worship Commission Minutes
Worship Commission Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church,
Lake Ozark, MO Diocese of Jefferson City
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Call to Order:
Annette Miller called the 6:35 PM meeting to order with Msgr. Marion Makarewicz, Deacon Paul Poulter, Tony Kirn, Mary Scarlet, Mary Wagemann and Debbie Noland.
- Msgr. Mak opened the meeting with Prayer and Reflection.
- How do we encourage younger people to attend Mass?
- Engage peopled in Faith conversation.
- Attendance in Church decreased by 40 percent from 2001.
- No refreshments during virtual meeting.
Minutes of the Last Meeting:
- The August 25, 2020 Minutes were approved.
Worship Committee Leadership: (Annette Miller)
- Annette Miller led the Worship Committee meeting.
- All Committee leaders will serve again next year.
Ministry of Art and Environment: (Kathy Cotter)
- Fall festival display will be set up in October.
Ministry of Hospitality: (vacant)
- Recruits and trains Ushers and Greeters.
Ministry of Reader: (Carolyn Lorraine)
- Two individuals interested in becoming Lectors.
Ministry of Music and Song: (Steve Jannetti)
- Received a Grant for $3K from Oregon Catholic Press. Osage Hills concert working with Vicki.
- Stations of the Nativity Nov. 29 from 3-4 pm with scenes of the Nativity.
- Pick songs for on line presentation to introduce new music.
- Sept 30 Taize prayer.
- Another piano has been donated.
- Young man to play flute at Mass.
Ministry of Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion: (Mary Scarlett)
- David Gregg new parishioner wants to be trained to be Eucharistic Minister and is joining the Social Concerns Commission.
Sacristan and Ministry of Mass Coordinator: (Tony Kirn, Annette Miller)
- Tony will meet with Msgr. Mak regarding what Mass Coordinators can do during covid 19.
- Dr. Heidi Callipo stated our procedures for celebrating Mass are good.
- Diocese has protocol for informing parishioners if someone contracts covid 19 during Mass.
Rite of Initiation and the Sacraments: (Deacon Paul Poulter)
- RCIA class started last week, students have picked up books and they meet once a month.
- Two new students.
Prayer and Devotions: (Debbie Noland)
- Centering prayer workshop ends this week.
- Oct 31st rosary coast to coast led by Msgr. Mak
Altar Servers: (Zuzana Stipanitz, Paulette Spriggs)
- New Altar Server training on Nov 13.
- Training Servers to work on streaming the Mass.
- Streaming Mass thru Facebook was bogged down this last Sunday.
Liturgical Formation of the Assembly: (Msgr. Makarewicz)
- Thanks to everyone for help in Commission.
- Attending Mass not mandatory thru the first week of Advent.
- Some parishioners are attending Churches that don’t require masks and social distancing.
- TSI representative will work on permanent stream solutions.
- Next meeting is Tuesday, October 27, 2020.
- Debbie Noland will be the prayer Leader.
- Msgr. Mak closed the meeting with a prayer.
Meeting adjourned at 7:50 pm.