Our Lady of the Lake, Minutes of the Administration Commission, July 15, 2021
Our Lady of the Lake
Minutes of the Administration Commission Meeting
July 15, 2021
The meeting was opened with a prayer led by Father Medina. Other attendees included Charles Cassmeyer, Bob Cotter, Tom Ziegler, John Riley, Robert Adams, Brian Hamrin, Eric Brauman and Luke Graessle. LarryBuschjost, and Laura Nelson were excused.
Minutes from the June, 2021 meeting were reviewed and approved.
1. Long Range Plan (LRP) Update: Luke reported that we have been working on multiple versions of drawings to improve parking, replace Bestgen Hall and improve the building attached to the church to add PSR classrooms and improve office areas. We will be reviewing an alternate parking lot suggestion that includes the use of an elevator in the north lot. The committee will be meeting soon to evaluate options.
2. Bids for snow removal and salt – John presented two proposals for snow removal service from Paradise and Vincent Alioto. He will get another bid from Nelson, who presently provides the service, and we will discuss again in the next meeting.
3. Permanent Streaming: We are still waiting for a piece of equipment that should be delivered in August. We still need to get a hole cut into the brick at the back of the church where a small control area will be built to allow someone to monitor the church and operate the streaming equipment. We discussed the need for a point of contact within the parish for the streaming equipment who will monitor the equipment and take care of any issues that arise.
4. Bestgen Hall Internet: No update was provided. All equipment has been purchased and it needs to be installed.
5. Front Entry Flowerbeds: The flowerbeds and bushes at the front entry are encroaching on some benches. These will be trimmed.
6. Window Cleaning at Church and Rectory: John reported that the church windows have been cleaned and the provider is in the process of cleaning the inside of the windows at the Rectory. After the outside of the rectory has been power washed, the provider will clean the outside windows.
7. Carpet in the office – Tom has received a bid to replace the carpet in the office areas. This bid for $3,600 was approved.
1. John reported that there is some water at the base of the water heater at the rectory. It may be due to the water softener recharging. This will be monitored.
2. John will be contacting the pest control provider to address an issue with the garage at the rectory.
The next meeting will be August 19, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Father closed the meeting with a prayer.
Submitted by Luke Graessle