Our Lady of the Lake, Minutes of the Administration Commission, June 23, 2021
Our Lady of the Lake.
Minutes of the Administration Commission Meeting.
June 23, 2021
The meeting was opened with a prayer led by Charles Cassmeyer. Monsignor Makarewicz was delayed but did attend. Other attendees included Bob Cotter, Tom Ziegler, John Riley, and Luke Graessle. Larry Buschjost, Robert Adams, Brian Hamrin, Eric Brauman and Laura Nelson were excused.
Minutes from the May, 2020 meeting were reviewed and approved.
1. Long Range Plan (LRP) Update: All attendees participated in a Long-Range Planning meeting the previous day so no update was discussed.
2. Bids for snow removal and salt – Bob reported that he has reviewed the costs for snow removal last year and questioned a bill that stated that four tons of salt were used in a three day period. Other providers were discussed and John Riley will request bids from other providers for consideration.
3. Security Cameras – The office staff has been trained on the use of the new security cameras.
4. Permanent Streaming: The money for this project has been moved to fiscal year 2021 which begins July 1. Tom has a call in to a masonry company to cut a window opening in the brick for the control area. He will follow up with them. The provider for the streaming equipment is waiting for one piece of hardware and then the new system can be installed. Bob reported that the wood has been purchased for the platform that will be used to control the equipment. Monsignor estimated that the project can be completed in August of this year.
5. Bestgen Hall Internet: No update was provided. All equipment has been purchased and it needs to be installed.
6. Mulch: Bob reported that mulch has been installed.
7. Police Assistance: No update was provided.
8. Window Cleaning at Church and Rectory: John reported that we have received a bid for $2,700 to clean all windows in the church and rectory inside and out. The window cleaning provider recommended that this be done annually vs. twice per year. This was approved.
1. Video of Rectory: Monsignor reported that the priests agreed that a video will not be necessary. Tom will update the list of furniture in the rectory and take some pictures.
2. Budget: The budget was reviewed and discussed.
3. Front Entry Flowerbeds: The flowerbeds and bushes at the front entry are encroaching on some benches. These will be trimmed.
4. Power Wash Rectory: Tom received two bids for power washing the rectory. The low bid was approved.
5. Mailbox at the Rectory: A mailbox has been installed at the rectory at the request of our new priest.
6. Trash Enclosure at the Rectory: The trash enclosure at the rectory has been repaired and needs to be power washed and painted. The power washing will be included when the rectory is power washed.
7. Dead Tree Limbs Around Parking Lot: Charlie advised that there are some dead tree limbs overhanging the parking lot. John Riley took the action to contract a tree removal company to remove dead trees/tree limbs around the parking lot.
The next meeting will be July 15, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Monsignor closed the meeting with a prayer.
Submitted by Luke Graessle