Recent Posts



Our Lady of the Lake, Minutes of the Administration Commission Meeting, February 25, 2021

Our Lady of the Lake,
Minutes of the Administration Commission Meeting
February 25, 2021

This meeting was done on Zoom.

The meeting was opened with a prayer led by Monsignor Makarewicz. Attendees included Charles Cassmeyer, Bob Cotter, Eric Brauman, Robert Adams, Larry Buschjost, Brian Hamrin, Tom Ziegler, John Riley, and Luke Graessle.  Laura Nelson was excused.

Minutes from the January, 2020 meeting were reviewed and approved.

Old Business:

a. Long Range Plan Update:  Luke updated the progress by the Architects and read a summary that he received by e-mail.  A portion of the email is included below:

“We have nearly completed the autocad base drawing for the site plan with all existing improvements (buildings, pavement, walks, stairs, retaining walls, etc.) as a starting point for our schematic design process.  It has been a tedious process to stitch the site plan together from Google Earth maps, assessor’s GIS maps, and the pdf copy of the site plan that was generated by Harms in 2002.  I have been investigating construction cost for various types of parking structures, including surface lots and parking garages, and will organize that information in a summary.  Jonathan and I are working on schematic design concepts for improving vehicular access, circulation and parking on site to accommodate 250-300 vehicles, with a particular emphasis on accessible parking.  This process also includes consideration for improvements to pedestrian access to the church from proposed parking areas. 

I would like to focus on these aspects of the master plan before we proceed with schematic design options for the possible construction of an education wing to replace the existing rectory structure adjacent to the church and the relocation and expansion of the future Fellowship Hall / Education Building / Pastoral Center.  We will start sending concepts and information to you as we generate it within the next few days, with the goal of submitting the first round of schematic concepts by March 5, 2021.”

b. Preventive Maintenance Schedule:  Monsignor discussed the changes that he and John made based on their review.  This is ready to be implemented at the beginning of next month.  One change is that the monthly documentation will be completed by John and sent to the Chairperson of the Administration Commission for review and signature.  Additionally, at each monthly meeting John will summarize his findings from the preventive maintenance activities forthe previous month to include and findings and any actions taken.  This will also give John the opportunity to discuss any issues and any support needed.
c. Permanent Streaming:  We are still waiting on a proposal from the vendor.
d. Security Cameras:  We have received the bill for the down payment so we can get the work started.  We are also working on how to get conduit to a pole for installation of equipment.
e. Network Infrastructure:  Brian will complete a green sheet for work to get WIFI extended to the hall.  He will also interface with the camera project for any cable pulls or conduits that can be shared.
f. Sprinkler System Water Usage:  Bob will coordinate a meeting with a representative from the water company and a landscaper to discuss our water use to get a feel for if it is excessive or is to be expected.

New Business:

a. Planned Giving:  It appears that this initiative is on hold at this time at the Diocese.
b. Review all Contracts and Leases:  We discussed the handling of contracts and agreements with vendors.  Monsignor asked for input on how this could be effectively managed and overseen.  It was suggested that we assign a name of a person responsible for each contract and agreement and let that person know that they are the point of contact for that contract.  Also we will let them know when the contract is due to be renewed or consider other suppliers so they can make sure contracts are kept up to date.  Once contracts and agreements are updated an e-mail should be sent to the Chairperson of the Administration Commission so they can be discussed in the next monthly meeting.  This will provide the needed oversight of all of the contracts and agreements.

The next meeting will be March 18, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.

Monsignor closed the meeting with a prayer.

Submitted by Luke Graessle