Our Lady of the Lake Minutes of the Administration Commission Meeting May 28, 2020
This meeting was done on Zoom.
The meeting was opened with a prayer led by Monsignor Makarewicz. Attendees were Charles Cassmeyer, Bob Cotter, Eric Brauman, Robert Adams, John Riley, Brian Hamrin, Tom Ziegler, Jim Tapella, Luke Graessle and Monsignor Makarewicz. Larry Buschjost, Duke Dorge and Marty Mayer did not participate.
Minutes from the April 2020 meeting were reviewed and approved.
- Collection Procedures: New collection procedures are in place and are working. We will continue to monitor the process.
- Security/Alarm Systems – Locks: Osage lock will install the new locks next week.
- Goals: Charlie asked that Brian, Eric and Tom complete the goals for their areas and when all are complete, Charlie will distribute for review.
- Rectory: Work is progressing on the Rectory. New appliances have been ordered, cabinets have been selected and flooring is being selected.
- Projects for next year: The consensus was that we have the project for permanently streaming masses pursued. Beyond that, the long-range plan should identify future projects.
- Long Range Plan Update: Connell Architecture will send a couple of guys to walk down the education rooms and Sanctuary. They need to get some measurements. Luke discussed the timeline with Brian Connell and it was agreed that the goal is to complete the long-range plan by the end of the year.
- Covid 19 update: Monsignor described how the masses are being conducted and to this time we have not had to turn anyone away due to the church being full. If necessary, we may need to consider opening every other row of pews rather than every third. Many churches are opening every other row.
The next meeting will be June 25, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
Submitted by: Luke Graessle