Our Lady of the Lake, Minutes of the Administration Commission, October 28, 2021
Our Lady of the Lake
Minutes of the Administration Commission Meeting
October 28, 2021
The meeting was opened with a prayer led by Father Medina. Other attendees included Charles Cassmeyer, Bob Cotter, John Riley, Brian Hamrin, Eric Brauman Laura Nelson, Tom Ziegler, Robert Adams, and Luke Graessle. Larry Buschjost was excused.
Minutes from the September, 2021 meeting were reviewed and approved.
1. Long Range Plan (LRP) Update: Luke reported that we have modified our plans to stream line and minimize the changes to account for potential costs. The first round we included everything we might want and this round we’re including only what we feel we need. The architects have developed drawings that incorporate four classrooms into the existing rectory attached to the church along with two offices for the Education and Music directors, two options to install 20 ‘compliant’ handicapped parking places to the parking lot, and a multipurpose building that includes five classrooms, a kitchen and a gym floor. They will also develop a drawing for a hall (essentially the multipurpose building with a hall instead of a gym floor). Once that drawing is complete and cost estimates have been developed for the various options, then the architects will present the options and we will move forward from there.
2. Bids for snow removal and salt – Three bids were reviewed and after discussion it was agreed that we would select Nelson Land Service to continue to provide our snow removal needs.
3. Update on remodel and modification of the Parish offices: Bob explained the changes that have been made to the offices. After much discussion, $2700 additional funding was approved to finish the office modification. All present agreed the costs were justified and appropriate. During the Septembermeeting, it was discussed the work would not have any cost. Additional costs should have been discussed and approved by the Commission before initiating the work.
4. Bestgen Hall Internet: Equipment has been installed.5. Blacktop and Striping of the Parking Lot: Charlie followed up with the office staff to determine if we had contacted Mainstreet to perform this work. It is in question as to whether this contact was made but it is being followed up on now. We will have an update for the next meeting.
6. Administration Commission Membership Review: Luke Graessle and Larry Buschjost’s terms expired in August of this year. Fr. Medina asked Luke if he would agree to a second three-year term and Luke agreed. Bob will follow up with Larry to determine if he wants to serve an additional three-year term.
1. Leak in Roof Over Kitchen Area of the Fellowship Hall: – John reported that there was a leak in the in ceiling of the kitchen in the Fellowship Hall and that he contacted a vendor who repaired the leak. John has arranged for the drywall to be repaired and painted.
The next meeting will be November 18, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Father closed the meeting with a prayer.
Submitted by Luke Graessle