Our Lady of the Lake, Minutes of the Administration Commission, Sept. 16, 2021
Our Lady of the Lake
Minutes of the Administration Commission Meeting
September 16, 2021
The meeting was opened with a prayer led by Father Medina. Other attendees included Charles Cassmeyer, Bob Cotter, John Riley, Brian Hamrin, Eric Brauman Laura Nelson, and Luke Graessle. Larry Buschjost, Tom Ziegler, Robert Adams, and were excused.
Minutes from the July, 2021 meeting were reviewed and approved.
1. Long Range Plan (LRP) Update: Luke reported that we have modified our plans to stream line and minimize the changes to account for potential costs. The first round we included everything we might want and this round we’re including only what we feel we need. The architects are working on drawings and we will discuss next steps once we meet with the architects and review the drawings.
2. Bids for snow removal and salt – John presented threeproposals for snow removal service from Paradise, S&S Nelson and Vincent Alioto. All present were asked to review the bids and we will discuss and select a provider at next month’s meeting.
3. Permanent Streaming: All equipment has been installed. The temperature of the room is around 77 degrees F. and we agreed to put a fan in the room. The area is air conditioned and heated so it doesn’t havehigh humidity. We will monitor this and take other action if it is needed.
4. Bestgen Hall Internet: Equipment has been installed.
5. Front Entry Flowerbeds: The flowerbeds and bushes at the front entry are encroaching on some benches. These will be trimmed.
6. Window Cleaning at Church and Rectory: This has been completed.
7. Pest Control at the Rectory – John reported that AB Pest has installed some traps for chipmunks and the problem has been resolved.
1. The Music Director has taken the middle room on the south end of the old rectory and Social Concerns has moved into the room previously used by the Music Director.
2. The carpeting for the office area that was received was not what we originally ordered. The supplier will reorder and get the carpeting we requested. Also, some shuffles in the office area were discussed including installing a divider and either replacing the door with a door with a large window, or installing a large window in the existing door. Changes were reviewed and concurrence was given to proceed.
The next meeting will be October 21, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Father closed the meeting with a prayer.
Submitted by Luke Graessle