Queenship of Mary Novena
Patroness of Our Lady of the Lake Parish
Aug. 13 - 21
To prepare for our patronal feast day on August 22, we will hold a novena of prayer daily beginning Saturday, August 13 through Sunday, August 21. You can participate in any day of the novena at home or at church.
At home — you can say the full set or short set of daily prayers or view the live stream from church:
- Pray the prayers, scripture and reflection by viewing or printing from the respective panel for each day below.
- Pray just the novena prayer and daily reflection by viewing or printing from the Daily Prayer and Intentions button below.
- To download the full guide for all nine days, click on the Prayer Guide - All Days Combined button below.
It would be wonderful if everyone at least would pray the novena prayer and the daily prayer intention each day.
At church — the novena prayers will be held daily at 6 pm (with a simple meal following) except on Sundays which will be after 10 am Mass with no meal afterwards. They can be hosted by individuals, families or groups at the church and Fellowship Hall.
- The novena at church includes Scripture reading, reflection and Litany of Loreto, songs (on CD to play) and praying the Rosary.
- People attending may bring flowers or candles to decorate.
- After the prayer, a simple meal will be shared with those who attend (except Sundays).
- Novenas will be live streamed for participating at home.
We need volunteers to host each evening of the novena at church (lead the prayers and provide the meal). Parishioners can sign up to host or to attend on sheets at the Welcome Center in the Fellowship Hall, or you may call Kelly in the office at 573-365-2241, x 5.
Daily Novena Prayer
Blessed Mother Mary, your Son Jesus Christ entrusted us to your protection as your own sons and daughters. In every age, the Church has known your maternal grace and intercession. In this special time of grace as we prepare to celebrate that you are our Queen, may we enjoy your protection, assistance, and love. By your sacred fiat, the Word was made flesh.
Teach us how to say yes to God when he calls us forth to work in his vineyard. Grant us reverence and humility when we receive the Lord Jesus Christ in his Holy Eucharist. We call upon you, Immaculate Virgin Mary, to inspire us by your own sorrow and suffering to true contrition for our sins. As you along with Saint Joseph made a home for the Son of God, help our families to grow in holiness in their own homes.
O Star of the Sea, please be a beacon of light for our parish so that we may fulfill our mission to bring God’s Light to the World and guide all souls to heaven.