Stewardship Commission Minutes, Sept. 13, 2023
Stewardship Commission Meeting
September 13, 2023
Attendees: Gay Ann Christy, Jay Bukalski, and Vicki Irsik
Dear Heavenly Father,
My parish is composed of people like me. I make it what it is.
It will be friendly if I am friendly.
Its pews will be filled if I help fill them.
It will do great work if I work.
It will make generous gifts to many causes if I am a generous giver.
It will bring other people into its worship and fellowship if I invite and bring them.
It will be a parish of loyalty and love, of fearlessness and faith, and a parish with a noble spirit if I, who make it what it is, am filled with these same things.
Therefore, with Your help, O God,
I shall dedicate myself to growing our faith by being all things that I want my parish to be.
• Reminder: Catholic Charities Event next weekend
• Catholic Stewardship Renewal
o We are ready to form and develop our Stewardship Commission. A call for interested volunteers with a passion for stewardship will be announced in the bulletin throughout September.
o We have completed development of the materials we need to support the 2023 Annual Catholic Stewardship Renewal (CSR). This renewal process is facilitated by the diocese, administered locally at all parishes, and is a means by which parishioners are asked to commit to living out the “3-Legged Stool” of Christian Stewardship through:
▪ Prayer: attendance at weekend and Holy Day Mass.
▪ Participation: using their time and talent to build up the parish.
▪ Sacrificial Giving: pledging a proportional and sacrificial gift of treasure to support the ministry of the parish.
o The 2023 Catholic Stewardship Renewal (CSR) process is like the “Time, Talent, and Treasure” campaigns of the past, but we believe the new CSR process will be much more intentional. A yearly opportunity for each parishioner to purposefully and prayerfully:
▪ Review and Redirect, which allows parishioners to ask themselves:
▪ How am I doing at striving to live as an active steward in my parish?
▪ How is my Mass attendance?
▪ How do I participate in the communal life of my parish?
▪ How well does my level of giving support the ministries of the parish?
▪ Reaffirm and Recommit, which allows parishioners to concretely proclaim, “Yes! I am a part of this parish, and I am supportive of its mission and ministries!”
o The 2023 Annual Catholic Stewardship Renewal will give parishioners an opportunity to complete the Time & Talent Form and the Tithing Commitment Form.
o Important dates for the 2023 CSR include:
▪ Weekend Masses September 23-24: Fr. Penn & Gay Ann Christy will introduce the CSR.
▪ October 1-10: parishioners will be receiving CSR packets by mail. Parishioners should call the office if packets are not received.
▪ October 11-22: parishioners are asked to return packets by dropping them in the mail, dropping them at the parish office, or dropping them in the offertory collection baskets.
▪ Weekend Masses October 21-22: Stewardship Commission will be available in the fellowship hall after masses with extra CSR packets and to answer any last-minutequestions parishioners may have.
• Grateful Living Session 2
o Session 2 Small Group Dates:
▪ Grateful Living Session 2 starts the week of October 23, runs 6 consecutive weeks, concluding the week of November 27.
• New Member Welcome Dinner
o Will be held after 5 pm Mass on October 21.
o 1 member of each parish commission will serve at the event.
• Stewardship Commission Charter and Best Practices
o Jay Bukalski will lead the development process.
• Stewardship Commission Alliance with Other Parish Commissions
o Vicki Irsik will coordinate VIRTUS activities for our parish.
o Vicki will lead discussions with other Parish Commissions to develop ways to serve their needs.
o Vicki will develop the idea of a Stewardship Communication Board.
• Next Stewardship Commission Meeting
o Wednesday, September 20th at 3:30 pm in the fellowship area.
• Closing Prayer.